This agreement (“Agreement”), dated as of the (“Effective Date”) is by and between Bakersfield Strays, a coalition of rescues operating in the State of California, and, a Rescue Partner (hereinafter “RP”). This Agreement documents the roles and responsibilities of the collaborative effort between the Bakersfield Strays and RP to place animals into caring homes.
Bakersfield Strays mission is to protect the health and safety of people and animals, reduce pet overpopulation through spay/neuter programs, provide a safe environment for animals, and place adoptable animals into caring homes.
Roles and Responsibilities of Bakersfield Strays:
1. Is responsible for the placement of animals into RP.
2. May at its sole discretion, immediately suspend this Agreement if deemed necessary pending resolution of any issues or concerns.
RP Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Shall take full responsibility for each animal transferred to RP by Bakersfield Strays, and to house and care for each animal in a humane manner, including unrestricted access to fresh water, food, exercise, environmental enrichment, human interaction and socialization.
2. Shall conduct transfer transactions by personal appointment.
3. Shall provide necessary medical treatment and preventative care, including routine vaccinations.
4. Shall administer rabies vaccinations to every unvaccinated cat or dog four (4) months of age or older immediately and prior to placement into a home. If placed prior to vaccinations due to animal’s age, notify the owner of rabies vaccination requirements.
5. Must submit a completed “Outcome Report” (see attached) to Bakersfield Strays at the end of each month. Failure to submit accurate and timely Outcome Reports may result in suspension or termination of this Agreement.
6. Shall provide full disclosure to any adopter, transfer partner, foster home or sheltering agency
regarding any known behavioral or medical issues prior to the placement of the animal.
7. Shall manage adoptions using a screening process and written contract; and humanely euthanize any animal that is in a state of suffering that cannot be treated medically.
8. Shall accept all responsibility for loss or damage to any person or entity, including Bakersfield Strays, and to indemnify, hold harmless, and release Bakersfield Strays, its officers, agents, and employees, from and against any actions, claims, damages, liabilities, disabilities, or expenses, that may be asserted by any person or entity, including RP that arise out of, pertain to, or relate to RP’s performance or obligations under this Agreement.
Either party may terminate this Agreement without cause with twenty (20) days written notice.